New England marks the official launch of the American Cancer Society’s annual Daffodil Days fundraising campaign with “50 Days of Daffodils” – a publicity effort to announce January 30 through March 19 as the official period for daffodil order-taking, awareness of daffodil products available this year, launch of the www.cancer/daffodils interactive website, volunteer recruitment and delivery of the blossoms in time for spring.
“We are excited by the hope and spirit that Daffodil Days brings to those who have supported the campaign year after year,” says Patrice Lestrange Bedrosian for the American Cancer Society. “This year, we are working toward expanding that reach into each New England community, alerting them of the opportunities to get involved and how even a $10 dollar donation can make a tremendous difference for neighbors and friends faced with a cancer diagnosis this year,” she added.
Daffodil Days offers a bouquet of products:
• For a $10 gift, donors receive a bouquet of ten fresh daffodil blossoms.
• Three mini-daffodil bulbs in a soil filled pot are available for a $15 donation.
• A bouquet of ten daffodils and a Boyd’s collectable stuffed bear for a $25 donation.
• Gift of Hope: daffodils are delivered to a cancer patient undergoing treatment for a $25 donation and up.
• Bear Hugs for Hope: special edition, collectable bear is delivered to a child impacted by cancer. $25
Flower and product orders can be placed now through March 2 by calling the American Cancer Society at 1.800.227.2345 or making an online donation at www.cancer.org/daffodils.
Delivery occurs the week before spring, beginning March 19.