Activities Last Month – Design & Field Progress Overview:
- The plans for Phase 1 were accepted by the State Bureau of School Facilities on April 30, 2012.
- Being unable to review the drawings in less than 30 days, the State gave the option for local review. The plans are being reviewed by a third party reviewer at this time.
- Final approval of the plans by the State will allow the Construction Manager to bid this first phase of the work.
- Still awaiting a response from the EPA on abatement plans for PCB containing caulk submitted March 19th.
- Additional information requested by the State Traffic Commission was forwarded. The town will also forward a letter on the High School traffic as requested.
- The design team is continuing on the Design Development Phase of the Documents for the work to renovate the school. Design Development Documents will be ready at the end of July.
- Construction Documents should be ready to go to the state late this year.
30 Day Look Ahead:
- The 3rd party reviewer is expected to be substantially complete by Friday, May 25, 2012. He will
- acquire the required local signatures and return the plans to the State for final approval.
- Continue work progress on Design Development phase for the existing building.
- Begin holding department meetings for updates and sign off.
- Continue design meetings on High Performance Building Design options with Berlin DPW, the
- Commissioning Agent, and the Design Team. Our next meeting will be on May 30, 2012.
- Town will seek approval for temporary sitework to support staging area north of Patterson Way.
- Review and approval of Phase 1 documents by the State for bidding. This will include any outside agency approvals including the EPA.
- Professionals are to confirm that Phase 1 costs are within budget prior to presenting to the PBC.
- Referendum Approved Budget: $69,950,000
- Phase 1 – Abatement and Pre-Engineered Building Wing.
- Anticipated Start: Summer/Fall 2012
- Phase 2 – Structural, Architectural, MEP, and Technology:
- Anticipated Start: Early 2013