Berlin High School Renovations Report
- Activities Since Last Month – Design & Field Progress Overview:
- Silver Petrucelli returned to the State on Thursday, June 21st with revisions to the documents based on the local review. The only remaining open item is final EPA approval.
- Expecting final release from the EPA on abatement plans for PCB containing caulk within two weeks.
- The State Traffic Commission approval letter was received on June 21, 2012 and forwarded to the State and the town. The town has filed the letter on the land records.
- The design team is has continued progress on the Design Development documents.
- 75 percent Design Development Documents were provided to the ConstructionManager, independent estimator, Board of Education, and Public Building Commission on June 25th.
- Proposed phasing plans were presented to the Board of Education on Monday, June 25th.
30 Day Look Ahead:
- Silver Petrucelli anticipates State approval of plans by mid-July.
- FIP will publicly advertise for bids for the Phase 1 – Abatement and Pre-engineered Building.
- Silver Petrucelli will have Design Development documents complete by the 3rd week of July.
- Estimates are anticipated to be ready to reconcile at the same time. Presentation to the Public
- Building Commission and the Board of Education will follow.
- Continue design meetings on High Performance Building Design options with Berlin DPW, the
- Commissioning Agent, and the Design Team.
- Work to prep the staging area north of Patterson Way began on June 29th and should be complete within 3 weeks.
- Final approval of Phase 1 documents by the State for bidding.
- Completion of Design Development Documents and estimate.
- Referendum Approved Budget: $69,950,000
- Phase 1 – Abatement and Pre-Engineered Building Wing.
- Anticipated Start: Summer/Fall 2012
- Phase 2 – Structural, Architectural, MEP, and Technology:
- Anticipated Start: Early 2013