Berlin High School Renovations
Program Management Monthly Summary Report
Activities Last Month – Design & Field Progress Overview:
• Design team reviewed revised schemes with the School Administration and the Board of Education; Construction Manager Estimates on new schemes were included into Master Budget.
• Meetings continued with School Administration and BOE on Programming to address adjacencies and number of classroom spaces.
• Board of Education reviewed and approved the revised schematic design.
30 Day Look Ahead:
• Finalize construction documents for Phase 1 Environmental and Tech Ed pre-engineered building.
• Move into Design Development.
• Plan construction phasing of the work with BOE, FIP, and PBC.
• Advertise the Request for Proposal for a Commissioning Agent.
• Continue design meetings with the Design and Construction Team on High Performance Building
• Completion of Phase 1 documents for April PCT to support summer work and Tech Ed pre-
• Submission of Renovate as New report and documentation.
• Submission of remediation plan to Federal and State agencies for review and approval.
• Referendum Approved Budget: $69,950,000
• Current SD Estimate (Scheme with pre-engineered building wing) within budget.
• Phase 1 – Abatement and Pre-Engineered Building Wing.
• Anticipated Start: Summer/Fall 2012
• Phase 2 – Structural, Architectural, MEP, and Technology:
• Anticipated Start: Early 2013