Berlin-Peck Memorial Library is sponsoring a contest to design its new logo. The winning designer earns a $250 award!
If you are in high school or older and a resident of Berlin, you’re eligible to enter the contest. Library employees, members of the library’s board of trustees, and members of the Friends of Berlin-Peck Memorial Library Board are not allowed to participate.
- Logo designs should embody what the library represents: people, books, knowledge and community.
- Designs can be computer generated or hand drawn and must be able to work in different sizes as well as in both color and black and white.
- The design must be completely original and contain no copyrighted material.
- Designs may be no larger than 8 ½ x 11 inches and should be produced on a white or transparent background.
- Please do not include personal information in your design.
- Text is allowed but not required. The library will decide whether to use a slogan or tagline with the winning logo.
A panel of judges including graphic designers, artists and library board members will make the final decision about the winning design. The library reserves the right not to choose a winning logo from the entries.
All entries become the sole property of the library, which will be the copyright holder. The library may adjust the winning logo to ensure professional quality.
How to Submit Your Entry
- Contestants may submit up to two designs, each on a separate entry form. Forms may be downloaded from the library website.
- The deadline for submission is December 14, 2012, at 5 p.m.
- Entries may be mailed to:
Berlin-Peck Memorial Library
234 Kensington Road
Berlin, CT 06037
(Please paperclip the entry form to the design.)
- Entries may also be emailed to email@example.com. Title the email BPML LOGO CONTEST and include in the email body your full name, mailing address, email address, day and evening phone numbers.
The winner will be notified no later than January 13, 2013.
Good luck, designers!