Well, 2012 is now behind us - for better or worse. New Year's Day is a time for reflecting on the year that has passed, looking to the future and placing priorities on what you want to accomplish in 2013 and beyond.
You may have a New Year's resolution you plan to undertake to better yourself, your relationships or life for those in the community. It may be as simple as exercising or as complicated as donating significant time or money to charity. Or maybe you are hesitant because it's been hard to meet some of these resolutions in the past.
Don't worry, Berlin Patch has some simple yet fun suggestions for you.
Here are five somewhat classic, but proven resolutions for people to consider during the upcoming year. Choose one, or all, and make your 2013 a better year for yourself and everyone around you.
1. Spend more time with friends and family – We all have people we are close to, whether we are related to them or not. Those are the people who will be there in both good times and bad, so why not be there with them?
2. Do something you love every day – It's so easy to get caught up in the "have to" and "musts" of our everyday lives that we sometimes forget to do what we love. It may be something strenuous or relaxing, but it's surely something that will make you smile and bring you more energy.
3. Learn something new – It could be a simple task like learning a new craft or more challenging such as taking on a new language. Regardless of what you choose to do it will make you a better person. And you might just like it!
4. Help others – There are plenty of ways to help others, whether it's donating a little extra money if available or giving back to youth in your neighborhood. Or maybe it's just holding the door for those around you. If everyone did just one small thing to help others, it would make the entire world a better place.
5. Enjoy life more – Life is short. Live well, have fun!
From all of us here at Berlin Patch, we wish you a happy and healthy 2013!