Flowers are poking through the ground, the grass is getting greener by the minute … spring is definitely in the air!
Unfortunately, though, that means tax time is lurking just around the corner.
According to the IRS website, nearly 80 million Americans had already filed their taxes as of mid-March, and more than half used professional tax preparers (that’s a lot of coffee-stained, crumpled receipts!). So in the spirit of the season, for this week’s Readers’ Choice, Berlin Patch is asking you, our loyal readers, to weigh in and tell us: Where do you get your taxes done?
Connecticut residents still have a couple of weeks to file. The deadline this year is April 17, so you get two extra days to procrastinate.
But whether you’ve had them done already or are thinking about going to “your guy” just before the deadline, nominate your tax preparer in the comments below to get them into our Readers’ Choice poll, which will be posted Thursday morning. And be sure to check out our directory here to find your accountant or financial planner (you can also search the listings from here). While you're there you can rate them on their listing page.
As a reminder, here's how our Readers' Choice feature works:
- We'll ask a question about your favorites.
- We invite you to post your nominations in the comments below.
- We hope you'll also spread the word about this to your friends on Facebook and Twitter and get them involved.
- Submit comments until 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- We'll take the nominees and post a poll first thing Thursday morning.
- After the poll starts on Thursday, you'll be able to vote till Friday at 9 a.m.
- On Saturday, we announce the winner.
This review is all about you — your ideas, your feedback and your voice — so we hope you will chime in and check back.
For full Readers' Choice rules click here.