This morning, Berlin Patch noticed that #icantgoadaywithout was among the top posts trending today on Twitter. So, in honor of the trend, here are Berlin Patch's picks for five things Berlin residents can't go a day without:
1. Get my early morning coffee fix: Whether it's Dunkin Donuts or The Whole Donut or a diner or restaurant, you don't see many residents going anywhere without a cup of Joe. Those cups come in different variations, of course, iced coffee, frappucinos mochachinos, coolattas etc...But Berlinites have to have some caffeine and it has to be in their hand early in the morning.
2. My workout: You see them every morning, either walking into one of the gyms in town, or now that the weather has turned warm, running or biking on the side of the road. Although this one may not apply to every town resident (you lazy people know who you are and I'm one of them) the sidewalks, parks and streets of Berlin seem to host a healthy population of cyclists, runners and athletes at every hour of the day. I would have to say, Berlin is a pretty fit town.
3. Making time for ice cream: Whether it is a shake or blizzard at Dairy Queen or a sundae with hard ice cream at Pralines, there is not a day that goes by that residents don't scream for ice cream. If only DQ was open all year long.
4. Checking in and out at Berlin Peck Library: So many topics, so little time. There are children's programs that moms love. There are historic documents residents can get lost in every day. It's air conditioned. What a way to take a break from the heat.
5. Taking Fido for a Walk: Have you ever noticed the large population of dog walkers in town, and many of our readers can't go a day without taking their best friend for a walk.
Think you have another? Let us know in the comment section below.